Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Cooking


RAINBOW YOGURT PARFAIT


One day when I had to do my cooking class for children, I was thinking about something simple, healthy and children do like the taste. The process of making should be different too. We have done baking, boiling, frying, and grilling. So I browsed in some kind of cooking recipes for children and found a recipe I haven’t made yet. Well it’s called Parfait. It’s a France thing and it’s pretty easy to make. Usually it only made from fruits and ice cream or with cream. But I decide to use yogurt.

So these are things I used for my yogurt parfait:
2 cups fresh strawberry, sliced
¼ cup almonds, chopped
1 can oranges
2 cups kiwi, cube sliced
1 cup vanilla yogurt (sometimes I use strawberry yogurt, depends on my mood)
200 ml liquid whipped cream
1 cup blueberry
2 cup dragon fruit, cube sliced
Chocolate or strawberry toping 



So this how I made:


1#step. Use a high speed mixer to stir whipped cream and yogurt in a big bowl. Stir them until it’s foamy enough. It won’t fall down if you turn the bowl back down.

2#step. We’re going to make layers from the fruits we have. First put the sliced strawberries as the first layer (in a big transparent bowl or glass, so you can see the beautiful layers you made). Afterwards, spoon yogurt whipped cream on top. Make the next layer with kiwis. Spoon yogurt whipped cream on top. Do it several times with oranges, dragon fruits and blueberries to make the layers. The pattern is fruit – yogurt – fruit – yogurt. 

3#step. Pour the last yogurt whipped cream on top when you’re done with the layers. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and add chocolate or strawberry toping. 

4#step. Enjoy your RAINBOW YOGURT PARFAIT.


Why it’s called parfait?
Parfait is French. It means layers. That’s why we make layers from fruit with patterns.


 note: I have NO picture or photo of this recipe cause my broken camera. Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about it? Feel free to write comment :)